Monitoring worker work hours retains you knowledgeable about attendance and the place staff spend their time. It can make it easier to calculate worker pay precisely whereas enhancing their productiveness.
So, how will you monitor worker time?
Printable time sheets are one possibility. These are paper timesheets on which staff can be aware down their hours. To make this easier, you need to use a ready-made timesheet template.
On this article, we’ll present 5 totally different editable and printable timesheet templates. We’ll additionally clarify how you can make your personal template and the professionals and cons of utilizing printable timesheet templates.
Moreover, we’ll present you three digital timesheet instruments that can assist you automate your time monitoring and payroll processes.
5 free printable time sheet templates
Listed here are 5 helpful printable time sheets you need to use for your enterprise.
To make use of a template, click on on the hyperlinks to obtain it in your most well-liked format (Google Sheet, MS Phrase, PDF, or Excel format). After you customise (if mandatory) and print the timesheet template, you can begin recording your employees’s hours.
Tip: The templates within the Google Sheets and Excel format embody a Pattern Sheet. These have built-in formulae to routinely fill in dates and carry out time and pay calculations. So, they double as a working Excel timesheet template.
1. Hourly timesheet template
This timesheet template permits staff to file their duties throughout every work hour. The template is designed that can assist you perceive your employees’s day by day actions.
Hourly Timesheet Obtain Hyperlinks:
2. Each day timesheet template
This printable timesheet template is for recording staff’ day by day duties. It permits staff to notice down time in, day out, specify duties for hours labored, and many others., on a easy timesheet.
Each day Timesheet Obtain Hyperlinks:
3. Weekly timesheet template
This printable weekly timesheet options two day by day clock-ins. It’s a weekly time card that lets staff file after they take a protracted break, like a lunch break. Workers members also can be aware their complete hours and weekly pay.
Weekly Timesheet Obtain Hyperlinks:
4. Biweekly timesheet template
The biweekly worker timesheet template works equally to the weekly timesheet above however covers two weeks. Workers fill out the timesheet for managers to calculate pay twice a month.
Biweekly Timesheet Obtain Hyperlinks:
5. Month-to-month timesheet template
This month-to-month timesheet follows the weekly and biweekly printable timesheet template format however contains 5 weeks. Workers can file their hours day by day, then calculate their weekly hours and pay. Managers can then pay staff on a month-to-month foundation.
Month-to-month Timesheet Obtain Hyperlinks:
Trying to create your timesheets from scratch?
Right here’s how one can make a easy timesheet template of your personal.
The way to make a printable timesheet
One of the best software program to make a printable timesheet is a spreadsheet software program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. These present a handy grid to format your timesheet. You may then export the sheet to every other doc format, akin to Microsoft Phrase or PDF format.
Fields to contemplate including to your timesheet template embody:
- Worker identify.
- Related dates.
- Days of the week.
- Time in and day out.
- Working hour totals.
- Tasks and/or duties labored on.
- Proportion of duties accomplished.
- Extra notes (to speak any reminders or particular messages).
Subsequent, let’s discover why some companies could select printable time sheets.
3 Key Advantages of Printable Time Sheets
Listed here are the three primary causes employers would possibly use paper timesheets:
1. Anybody can use printable timesheets
Your much less tech-savvy staff could battle to get used to digital time monitoring.
Alternatively, all of your staff ought to be capable of use a easy timesheet system to jot down their common hours on paper.
2. Bodily timesheets can be found for information
Paper timesheets mean you can create a bodily file of every worker’s work historical past. You may acquire all their timesheets and retailer them in a folder for simple entry.
In distinction, some digital options require you to pay additional to retailer and entry historic information.
3. No onboarding or setup required
Printable time sheets don’t require any setup in addition to downloading and printing. This easy course of and doesn’t require a lot time or laptop literacy.
Nonetheless, free printable timesheets do have some drawbacks. Let’s discover these subsequent.
4 main limitations of printable time sheets
Listed here are 4 core the explanation why utilizing a time sheet template will not be as helpful as you assume:
1. Danger of human error
Workers could often make calculation errors on their timesheets. A staff member might lose or overlook about their sheet and fill it inaccurately later.
Inaccuracies are more durable to catch on a paper time sheet template as there aren’t any built-in checks for managers. This will trigger you to pay staff incorrectly.
2. No safety towards time theft
Workers could purposely report false hours or duties in the event that they have been underworking. That is known as time theft.
Paper timesheets restrict employees accountability. Except you’ll be able to watch your staff all day, you received’t know in the event that they’ve crammed their timesheets just for the hours they’ve labored. This, too, can result in overpaying staff.
3. Lack of time and productiveness stories
With paper timesheets, there’s no fast solution to analyze worker time and productiveness information to reply questions like:
- How productive are your staff members?
- Are staff entertaining distractions (e.g. social media)?
- Do staff have a manageable workload?
- Are there productiveness bottlenecks?
- What duties do staff full throughout every work hour?
You would carry out some guide evaluation, however this may be time consuming and certain received’t present a lot perception. You’ll want to analyze extra than simply hours labored to totally perceive your employees’s time administration.
4. Limits scalability
As your enterprise and workforce develop, protecting monitor of paper timesheets for a number of staff could grow to be troublesome. For instance:
- Manually reviewing timesheets, making calculations, and working payroll could take plenty of time.
- You may solely calculate worker additional time hours on the finish of the pay interval. This makes it more durable to forestall extreme additional time prices.
- You may find yourself overspending on paper and ink and utilizing plenty of cupboard space.
- Your corporation might want to preserve a separate system for monitoring sick depart and trip time.
Every of those limitations will doubtless grow to be extra critical and expensive when your staff grows.
So, what’s the different to printable time sheets?
Let’s learn how a digital different to a free timesheet template may very well be the following logical step for your enterprise.
3 terrific digital software program alternate options to printable time sheets
A digital time tracker might help you automate and streamline your time monitoring course of. Plus, they eradicate the effort of printing timesheets.
Let’s check out the options, buyer scores, and pricing of three totally different time monitoring software program choices:
1. Time Physician
Time Physician is a robust device for time monitoring and productiveness administration. It’s utilized by massive firms, like Ericsson, in addition to small companies, like Thrive Market, to spice up productiveness within the office.
Time Physician is a versatile, user-friendly different to a free timesheet template. You need to use it as a desktop app (for Home windows, macOS, and Linux), internet app, and cellular app for Android. The Chrome extension additionally offers 60+ integrations with different apps (e.g., undertaking administration software program like Asana and Trello).
Let’s check out a few of Time Physician’s improbable options.
A. Interactive and silent time monitoring choices
Time Physician offers two easy time monitoring modes: Interactive and Silent.
The interactive mode lets staff to trace time by beginning and stopping a timer. The app routinely syncs time information to the worker’s digital time card when the timer is working.
The silent mode is an automatic time monitoring possibility that works within the background when a tool is in use. The app generates an correct computerized time card whereas staff work. This enables staff to deal with their workflow with out disruption.
B. Strong productiveness administration
Time Physician provides a number of options to encourage and measure worker productiveness.
- Idle Time Detection: Time Physician detects keyboard and mouse utilization to find out an worker’s exercise ranges. It calculates a share of idle time in a piece hour or chosen interval.
- Inactivity Pop-up Notifications: If an worker is inactive for too lengthy, the app shows a pop-up asking if the worker remains to be working. The app routinely stops the timer if the worker doesn’t work together.
- Net & App Monitoring: The app retains a file of all web sites and purposes staff go to whereas the timer is on. It additionally assesses the productiveness of every with customizable Productiveness Scores.
- Screenshots and Screencasts (optionally available): Time Physician can take common screenshots and display screen recordings of worker gadgets to make sure they’re working responsibly.
C. Detailed time and productiveness stories
Time Physician also can generate complete stories about time and productiveness, together with:
- Exercise Abstract Stories: Perceive the time staff spend lively, idle, or unproductive.
- Hours Tracked Stories: Assessment the entire hours staff tracked in a given interval.
- Net & App Utilization Stories: See the time staff monitor on totally different web sites and purposes.
- Attendance Stories: Get an outline of worker attendance and punctuality based mostly on work schedules you configure.
- Timeline Stories: View a real-time timeline of every worker’s exercise (E.g., what they’re presently engaged on, or what they did all through the day).
- Customized Export Stories: Create customized stories to fit your enterprise wants, downloadable in a CSV (Microsoft Excel) or PDF format.
D. Payroll integration
Time Physician means that you can precisely monitor worker hours to the second, in addition to arrange billable charges. You may then generate and run payroll proper from the app for the billable hours tracked.
The app additionally integrates with a number of cost gateways, akin to PayPal, ADP, Sensible, and Gusto to course of funds.
You may customise the payroll when it comes to:
- The pay interval and foreign money.
- Choosing to pay an hourly price or month-to-month wage.
- Paying a number of staff in bulk or paying individually.
Take a look at Time Physician’s full checklist of options to find what it might do for your enterprise.
Time Physician provides a 14-day free trial with out requiring your bank card data. Paid plans begin from $7/person per thirty days.
- G2: 4.4/5 (300+ evaluations)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (420+ evaluations)
RescueTime is an computerized timesheet software program. It goals to assist staff enhance their time administration and productiveness with options just like the Finish of Day focus overview.
- Tracks worker hours and exercise routinely when a tool is in use.
- Supplies productiveness administration options like Focus Periods and distraction alerts.
- Reveals your purpose progress, productiveness ranges, and time in conferences in your Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Presents stories about hours labored, focus degree, and day by day actions.
RescueTime provides a 14-day free trial. Paid plans begin at $12/person per thirty days.
- G2: 4.1/5 (70+ evaluations)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (120+ evaluations)
Homebase is a good app for monitoring time, managing labor prices, and facilitating staff communication. It’s a great possibility for work environments with shifts schedules and Level of Sale (POS) techniques, akin to retail and hospitality.
- Permits staff to clock in and clock out and generates computerized timesheets.
- Works on a desktop, cellular system, and POS techniques.
- Sends schedule change bulletins and shift reminders.
- Tracks additional time hours and sends managers additional time alerts.
Homebase provides a restricted free plan for one location. Paid plans begin at $24.95/month per location.
- G2: 4.2/5 (80+ evaluations)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (850+ evaluations)
If your enterprise nonetheless makes use of paper timesheets, you need to use one of many 5 timesheet templates above to trace worker time and calculate pay.
Nonetheless, a digital timesheet software program might help you monitor time extra precisely and enhance productiveness. You may calculate billable hours, run payroll, and get invaluable insights on the push of a button! Time Physician does all this and extra.
Discover out simply what Time Physician can do for your enterprise by attempting the 14-day trial without spending a dime in the present day!
Carlo Borja is the Head of On-line Advertising for Time Physician, a time monitoring software program for distant groups. He’s a full-time telecommuter, a digital nomad and a espresso junkie.